Shema @64: List of 22 developmental projects executed by Katsina ex-Gov Shema’s administration between 2007-2015
1. Katsina township Olympic size stadium with 35,000 sitting capacity, which his administration named ‘Kankada’ stadium, but now renamed Muhammad Dikko stadium by APC government.
2. His administration established ICT and Business Institute (now renamed Katsina State Institute of Technology and Management by APC government);
3. Built over 200 new secondary schools;
4. Built 34 girl-child primary schools across the state;
5. Built over 100 ALLO Model schools to support Almanjiri education with total population of over 17,000 students as at 2015 (with free feeding, uniform, hand craft training and stipends to the teachers);
6. Payment of TSS salary scheme for teachers in primary and secondary schools;
7. Implementation and payment of minimum wage and payment of workers salary between 22nd and 24th of every month through out the Shema administration.
8. Similarly, his administration provided free education in primary and secondary schools, including payment of WAEC and NECO and other examination fees, for all students, including non-indigenes going to public schools;
9. Sponsorship of over 800 students to study abroad in critical fields like Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Dentistry, Computer Engineering etc.
10. He established Youths Craft Village to train youths in various skills like computer networking, programming, film making and photography, auto mechanic and auto electronic, shoe making etc.
11. His administration establish 250 bed Orthopaedic and Specialist hospital;
12. Built 361 clinics in 361 political wards in the state;
13. Built 86 primary health centres;
14. Provide free medicare to women and children, dialysis patients, malaria patients, accident victims etc;
15. Introduced rural ambulance service scheme in 34 local governments of the state.
16. Shema administration built over 3000km roads across the state,
17. Built over 3500 houses in the state capital, and in each of the 34 local governments in the state, and Karfe District Abuja;
18. Built new ultra modern Government House named ‘Alumma House’ now renamed Muhammed Buhari House by APC government;
19. He built new Governor’s Lodge in Abuja,
20. Built Katsina City Mall,
21. Built Dubai International Market and
22. Built 34 Model Markets in all the local governments of the state.