Late ‘Yar’adua @11: Top 13 mega project initiated by Late Yar’Adua in Katsina
Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’Adua: Governor of Katsina State (29th May, 1999 to 29th May, 2007), President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (29th May, 2007 to 5th May, 2010).
Umaru Musa Yar’Adua was born on 16th August, 1951 in the ancient city of Katsina in Northern Nigeria.
He served Katsina and Nigeria diligently and with people’s interest at heart. He initiated so many developmental projects we are now seeing in Katsina when he was a Governor.
Some notable projects he initiated (some of them, he completed) during his time are:
1. Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University
2. Yusufu Bala Usman College of Legal and General Studies Daura
3. New Katsina State Secretariat Complex
4. Turai Yar’Adua Hospital Katsina
5. Major Road Projects in Katsina metropolis and other cities in the state
6. Construction and Initiation of Fish Farms Projects across the 34 LGAs of Katsina State
7. Initiation of Dutsinma to Katsina Water Project (Zobe Dam Water Project) abandoned by Jonathan Administration, Completed by Buhari Administration in 2020.
8. Construction of NTA Daura Booster Station
9. Initiation of the Daura Power Substation project, abandoned by Jonathan Administration, Completed by Buhari Administration.
10. Lambar Rimi wind power mill.
11. Muhammadu Dikko (Karkanda) stadium was started during the tenure of Late Yaradua.
12. Katsina state’s international airport was initiated by late Yar’adua. Which was later named after him.
13. Yar’adua was the first governor to upgrade public primary school buildings to meet international standard when he was the serving governor of Katsina state.
May Allah Grant You Jannatul Firdausi Malam Umaru. Nigeria has lost a son. It’s exactly 11 years now.