Extra: 5 things you probably didn’t know about Late Dikko Inde
The former Comptroller General of Customs, Alhaji Dikko Inde died on Thursday evening, 18th February, 2021.
Here are some things you probably did not know about the deceased.
1. Late Dikko Inde was born on 11th May 1960 in Musawa town, a local government area of Katsina State, Nigeria. He died aged 61 year old.
2. He attended Government College, Kaduna in 1974 where he obtained the West African Senior School Certificate Examination in 1980. He later obtained a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Economics and Master’s of Science Degree in Finance from the University of Dimitrov Apostle Tshenov, Svishtov, Bulgaria.
3. He joined the Nigerian Customs Service in 1988. He rose through the ranks up to the position of Comptroller-General of Nigerian Customs Service from August 2009 to August 2015 when he retired.
4. He is a recipient of numerous awards, including member of The Federal republic, MFR and Officer of the Federal Republic, OFR awarded by the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
5. He has served in various customs commands including Seme Border, Tincan Island Port, Apapa, Imo Command, Kaduna, Badagry Area Command, Investigation and Inspection Headquarters, Abuja Badagry Area Command before he was appointed as Controller-General of Nigerian Customs Service on 26 August 2009.