10 deaths that shock Katsina State in 2020
Death, it is being said that is inevitable.
All and every living thing will, at a particular time, taste the bitter reality of death.
In the year 2020, many people from Katsina state living in the state and beyond died and met their creator.
Katsina Post has compiled a list of 10 deaths of prominent people from Katsina state who died in 2020.
Among them are traditional rulers, politicians, businesspersons and many more.
1. Katsina State former two-times All Progressive Congress and one-time Peoples Democrat Party gubernatorial aspirant, Sada Ilu died in the early morning hours of Sunday, 12th January, 2020.
2. The judge presiding over the graft case of Katsina ex-Governor Shema, four others, and the EFCC over missing Katsina Local governments fund, Justice Ibrahim Maikaita Bako died also in the early morning hours of Sunday, 12th January, 2020.
3. The District Head of Faskari (Sarkin Yamman Katsina), Alhaji Tukur Usman Sai’du Faskari has died on Friday, 24th January, 2020.
A source close to the family confirmed his death to Katsina Post, that the deceased died after a protracted illness at Kaduna hospital.
4. Jarman Katsina, district head of Tsiga, Group Captain Abubakar Bala Abe Rasuwa also died on the 11th of February, 2020.
5. The Honorable member representing Bakori constituency at the Katsina State House of Assembly, Hon. Abdurrazak Ismaila Tsiga died on Sunday 10th May 2020.
6. The father of Senator Yakubu Lado Danmarke, Katsina State’s Peoples Democratic Party gubernatorial candidate in the 2019 general election, Alhaji Garba Lado Danmarke died on 20th May 2020.
7. On 1st June 2020, Suspected bandits on stormed Yan’Tumaki community in Danmusa Local Government Area of Katsina State and shot dead Alhaji Atiku Maidabino who was then their district head.
8. Founding Managing Director of Democrat Newspaper, Katsina elder-statesman, and former President of the Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria (NPAN), Mallam Ismaila Isa Funtua, died on the 20th July 2020.
9. The former Press Secretary of President Muhammadu Buhari and Chairman, Board of Directors of People’s Media, Malam Wada Maida is died on Monday 17th September 2020.
10. A Katsina indigene, Professor Ali Muhammad Garba of Bayero University Kano also died on the 6th of December, 2020.