Funtua People Compile List 7 Demands To Buhari (List)
The people of Funtua local government area in Katsina state have resolved to approach President Muhammadu Buhari on a wide range of issues bordering on the development of the area.
They also resolved to meet with the state governor, Rt. Hon. Aminu Bello Masari, on the same issues within the purview of the state government for quick attention.
The decisions were part of the resolutions reached at the end of a one-day townhall meeting tagged ‘Pragmatic Discourse on The Priority Needs of Funtua’ held last Monday in Funtua.
In a communique jointly signed by Engr. Tukur Muhammad Lawal and Engr Shamsuddeen Sani Babajo, chairman and secretary of the Townhall Organising Committee respectively, it said the meeting, which was the first of its kind, discussed general problems affecting the local government area and profered possible solutions.
It added that the gathering noted that despite Funtua’s position as the agricultural, commercial, industrial and political centre of th state, the town has not received the attention it deserve for a long time, hence facing numerous challenges.
It identified the challenges to include lack of a tertiary institution in the area, inadequate healthcare facilities, poor security architecture, imbalance political appointments, youth unemployment, among others.
The meeting, therefore, recommended that a high-level committee should be constituted to seek the audience of President Buhari in order to plead with him to expedite action on the uncompleted key projects and initiation of necessary others in the area.
1. Signing into law of the Bill establishing Federal University of Agriculture and Technology, Funtua which is awaiting concurrence of the National Assembly;
2. Establishment of a Federal Medical Centre;
3. Taking up of Funtua Dry Port and Funtua Economic Zone projects;
4. Construction of a standard railway gauge from Zaria – Funtua – Gusau – Sokoto – Kebbi; Funtua – Katsina and Funtua – Kano routes.
5. Completion of the rehabilitation of Funtua to Zaria federal highway;
6. Completion of Police Area Command and Staff Quarters; and
7. Political appointment benefits.