5 things to know about Mannir Yakubu, Katsina State Deputy Governor
Today is the 29th May 2019, Q. S. Mannir Yakubu was sworn-in as the Deputy Governor of Katsina State as enshrined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Below, Katsina Post will take you down the memory line and give you some things and facts you probably did not know about the gentleman.
1. Mannir Yakubu was born on 15th August 1954, in Tsohuwar Kasuwa residential Area of Katsina metropolis. He is 65 years old now.
2. Mannir Yakubu attended Rafin-Dadi Primary School, Barewa College Zaria and Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria where he studied Quantity Surveying.
3. He was an active member of Peoples Redemption Party (PRP) in the 1970s and was the Principal Secretary to the then Deputy Governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Abba Musa Rimi as well as Special Assistant to Contract matters.
4. Mannir Yakubu worked closely with President Buhari in the days of Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) as Zonal Project Management Consultant in the North East Zone with his consultancy firm – the Project Cost Consultant.
5. He contested for the Katsina Central Senatorial District seat in 2003 and 2007 under the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP). He contested for the Katsina State gubernatorial ticket for in 2011 under the Congress for Progressive Change (Change) and All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2015.