NUC gave approval for Katsina Polytechnic to start 11 more degree programs (List)
The National University Commission (NUC) has given a preliminary approval to Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic for the institution to start no fewer than eleven (11) degree programs.
This approval according to the Polytechnic’s academic Secretary, Comrade Mansur Garba, FCAI came as an aftermath of the Resource Assessment Visitation by the commission to the Polytechnic earlier.
The the Degree programmes to be mounted by the HUK Polytechnic, Katsina in due course are:
1. B. Tech Industrial and Technical Education
2. B. Tech Automobile Technology
3. B. Tech Building Technology/Wood Work Technology
4. B. Tech Electrical/Electronics Technology
5. B. Tech Metal Work Technology
6. B. Tech Biology Education
7. B. Tech Chemistry Education
8. B. Tech Mathematics Education
10. Education Foundation
Recall that the Katsina State-owned Polytechnic said it is going to start degree programmes in four courses in affiliation with the Federal University of Technology (FUT) Minna, in Niger State.
This was disclosed to newsmen by the Rector of the Polytechnic, Dr. Ibrahim Kurfi while receiving a panel from FUT Minna who paid him a visit in Katsina on Wednesday the 9th of May, 2018.
According to him, the programmes to be started in the Polytechnic include B.Sc. Technical Education, B.Sc. Biology, B.Sc. Mathematics and B.Sc. Chemistry.