Job alert: Al-qalam university begins shopping for a new Vice-chancellor
The pioneer Islamic oriented private university in the North-west region of Nigeria, the Al-qalam university began shopping for a new Vice Chancellor.
This is contained in a statement signed by the University’s register and seen by KATSINA POST.
According to the statement, the the Post of the Vice-Chancellor at the Al-Qalam University Katsina, Nigeria, would become vacant with effect from October, 2018 and so, the Governing Council of the University at its 25th meeting held on Sunday, May 13, 2018, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the University, Law has approved that appropriate machinery be set in motion for the selection of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position.
Below is the full statement:
Urgent – Katsina, Katsina State
Al-Qalam University Katsina is the pioneer Private University in the North-west region that impart meaningful and relevant knowledge with high moral
standard and fear of Allah (SWT). Al-Qalam University Katsina, (formally Katsina University, Katsina) came into being in January 2005 consequent upon a license given by the National Universities Commission.
A time-table drawn by the Academic Advisory Committee ensured the take-off of academic activities in October, 2005. This is to convey information for the general public that the Post of the Vice-Chancellor at the Al-Qalam University Katsina, Nigeria, would become vacant with effect from October, 2018.
Consequently, the Governing Council of the University at its 25th meeting held on Sunday, May 13, 2018, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the University, Law has approved that appropriate machinery be set in motion for the
selection of a suitably qualified candidate to fill this position.
The Vice-Chancellor shall be the Chief
Executive and Academic Officer of the
University and shall exercise general
supervision over the University. He/She shall be Ex-Officio Chairman of Senate and Congregation and Member of the Governing Council.
– He/She shall be responsible to the Council for the day to day management of the human, financial and material resources of the University.
– The person for the position of Vice-
Chancellor, Al-Qalam University Katsina, is required to possess a good University
education from recognized University and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
In addition, such candidate:
– Must possess a Doctorate degree and be a renowned Professor of International standard in one of the fields offered in the University (a list of all the programmes offered in the University is available on the website of the University).
– Must not be older than 65 years of age by December 3, 2018 when his/her tenure is expected to commence Must be able to demonstrate academic excellence in terms of quality publications, teaching, credible community service and be able to command the respect of the National and international academic communities through his/her track records,
-Must be proficient in the use of Information and Communication Technology,
– Should be capable of inspiring members of the University community towards the attainment of its goals,
– Should have delivered his/her Inaugural lecture,
– Should possess considerable administrative experience within the University System,
– Should have a track record of Fund
attraction to the University system,
– Must be of courage and transparent honesty, who can take decision on the merit of facts, equity and patriotism and not on basis of parochial or primordial interests.
– He/She should be free from conflict of
-Must have the highest moral standards, impeccable character and proven integrity with irrevocable commitment to best practices in corporate governance, with particular emphasis on accountability, transparency, probity and ensure judicious utilization of scarce resources for the University and Community,
– Should be above board and not foster
personal, racial, ethical, political, religious or other sectional interest.
– Must have a very good physical and mental health and be free from any inhibiting health conditions,
– Should have varied societal linkage,
Must satisfy the basic requirements for
appointment into the University as approved by the Governing Council.
Condition of Service
The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only.
Remunerations and other Conditions of
Service are as applicable to the Post of
Vice-Chancellor in other similar Nigerian
Universities as determined from time to time by the National Universities Commission, the Proprietors and or the Governing Councils.
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the conditions stated above should submit 30 copies of their Applications, Photocopies of their Credentials and comprehensive current Curriculum
Vitae duly signed and dated.
The curriculum vitae must include the following:
Names in full (surname, last in capitals); for the candidate/applicant
Place and date of birth;
Permanent home address;
Current postal address including e-mail
address and telephone contact;
Number and ages of children;
Institutions attended (with dates);
Academic qualifications (with dates);
Professional qualifications (with dates);
Honours, distinctions and membership of learned societies and professional bodies;
Outstanding publications, discoveries or
inventions (with all relevant details);
Working experience in the University system (giving details);
Details of Administrative, managerial
Experience and Fund attraction in the
Details of specific service to Local, National and International Communities (with dates, institution/establishment and status)
Names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be the head of
establishment where the candidate currently works.
The application must include a statement of his/her vision for the University in the next 5 years (2018 – 2023) in 600 – 1000 words.
Candidates are to request their referees to forward references on them (in a sealed envelope and marked Referees report for Post of Vice-Chancellor) directly to the “Registrar & Secretary to
Such referees should be able to attest to
the candidates claims to highest academic and managerial capabilities as well as candidates moral standing.
All Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in envelope marked at the top left-hand corner Post of Vice-Chancellor, AUK to:
Al-Qalam University Katsina,
PMB 2137, Tafawa Balewa Way,
Dutsin-ma Road, Katsina,