The students representative council (SRC) Ummaru Musa Yar’adua University chapter has passed vote of no confidence on their acting Dean student affairs Dr. Sulaiman Sani Kankara.
Parliament of students met on 24 October, 2017 at the union’s secretariat in student center to discuss major problems agonizing students and institution at large.
The Students’ representative council (SRC) listed among other things, six reasons why they felt the university dean students’ affairs should go:
- He is serving personal interest at the expense of general interest of the students.
- He lacks manner of approach and compassion for the students, he used insulting language while talking to students ” I can’t allow even my “Akuya” (Goat) to live in the place you call hostel.”
3. Frustrating students’ union by restricting and delaying us from discharging their primary responsibilities for the students.
4. The association also blame Dr Sani for restricting students complaints to reach university management.
5. The association allegedly accused Dr Kankar for violating female students privacy by entering their hostel without notice and hindering Students Representative Council (SRC) from discharging its primary duties.
The Association urge University management to respond to students problems by nominating a tenure Dean students affairs with immediate effect.
This is contained in a press release signed by the President of (SRC) comrade Ishaq Abubakar.