The Katsina State Government has awarded three road contracts worth N7.7 billion, and has also completed eight roads initiated by the immediate past administration of Ibrahim Shema.
The Commissioner for Works, Housing and Transports, Alhaji Tasiu Dahiru, disclosed this on Thursday in Katsina while briefing newsmen on the activities of the ministry.
He said that roads included a 40km-Dutsinma- Tsaskiya-Kukarsamo road, 40km-Gora-Mallamawa and Fago-Kwasarawa-Katsayal-Koza, 38 kilometres.
Dahiru said that the contracts were expected to be completed in nine months.
The commissioner also said that the government had completed eight roads initiated by the previous administration of Ibrahim Shema.
He revealed that 70 per cent of the funds were paid to the contractors, while the remaining 30 per cent was settled by Masari’s administration.
He urged the people to continue to support the administration’s policies which, he said, were aimed at moving the state forward and improving their living condition.