A civil society organisation, Arewa Youth Forum (NYF), Katsina state Chapter has passed a vote of confidence on the Management of Umar Musa Yar’adua University under the leadership of Professor Sanusi Mamman.
The group passed the bill in a statement signed by the Chairman of the movement, Abdul-Aziz Gangara and made it available to Katsina Post.
According to Gangara, the University has greatly transformed as a result of the achievements recorded in less than a year since Prof. Mamman assumed as Vice-Chancellor.
Below is the full statement:
PRESS CONFERENCE ON THE VOTE OF CONFIDENCE TO THE MANAGEMENT OF UMARU MUSA YAR’ADUA UNIVERSITY KATSINA UNDER THE ABLE LEADERSHIP OF PROFESSOR SUNUSI MAMMAN (SA’IN GALADIMAN KATSINA) BY AREWA YOUTH FORUM KATSINA STATE CHAPTER
All countless gratitude and thanks go to ALMIGHTY ALLAH for his mercy bestowed to us and sphere our lives to witness this golden time and juncture, Pleased and Salute to apostle Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) and his companions.
The Arewa Youth Forum Katsina State Chapter wishes to extend its warm regard and recommendation to the management of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University Katsina in less than one year and thanks to the general public for the cooperation and support given towards the development of the university, which was achieved as a result of the current leadership. The achievements are as follows:
. Converting casual staff permanent staff in the university
• Payment of 6 months outstanding arrears to the university staff Implementing new minimum wage system of salary to the academic and non-academic staffs Payment of overtime work to a medical unit in the university
• Recruiting first-class graduates as directed by His Excellency Governor Rt. Hon Aminu Bello Masari CFR.
• Introduced the new college of medical science programs Higher Performance in 2020/2021 NUC accreditation with 88% in 22 programs out of 25 programs running in the university.
• Introducing part-time programs to make the university busy with the academics activities.
• Payment of Earn Academics Allowances (E.A.A)
• Recruitment of non-academics staff and confirmed some staff from the college of Remedial to the University Management Construction of 80 houses to staff.
.Executed different infrastructures in the university faculties with Special Higher Impacts (S.H.I.) 3 Billion Naira from the Federal Government of Nigeria
• Renovated University clinic and fully Drugs/Medical Facilities Recruiting casual staff (Traditional Snake catchers)
• Implementing amnesty program as approved by Senate Executive Council of the university:
. Free medical care to the students, staff and neighbouring communities of the university. . Construction of boreholes in the male/female hostels, and some premises on the campus
• Connecting university water pump with Zobe-Dam main feeder Dam tank Standardized and maintain university accounts as it is before Postgraduate school, School of Remedial, Constructions account, Students Union Government account, which called SUB-HEAD Accounts.
• Introducing a Department of Special Education in the University for the students with special needs.
On the above notes, the AREWA YOUTH FORUM (AYF) wishes to call the general public to support the university system and program to achieve more under the active leadership of PROF SUNUSI MAMMAN.
The AYF Katsina State calls sisters Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs) Civil Society Organization (CSOS) Community Based Organization (CBOS) and individuals to give maximum cooperation towards the development of the university and Katsina State in general.