An indigene of Katsina State, the sole owner of Dialogue Group LTD, Muhammad Mahdi Shehu, has on several moment accused Katsina state government of alledge misappropriation and misapplication of over N52bn spent as security vote in thebstate from June 2015 to April 2020.
With this developmet, Mahdi submitted a petition to Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate Governor Aminu Masari and other government officials involved.
Mahdi in a petition addressed to the EFCC said the daily attacks by bandits in the state calls for serious question on the sincerity in the security management by the state government.
Although, Katsina state government has debunked in totality the allegations raised by Mahdi with provision of proving Fianancial statements to tarnish such “False claims ” made by Mahdi as said by the Government.
Below are the 5 key allegations by Mahdi Shehu against Katsina Government:
1. Chief Imams Annual Clothing Allowance – Mahdi Shehu alleged that between 2015 to 2018 the sum of N562, 175, 258 was withdrawn in cash from the security escrow account of the state and dashed to the “Chief Imams of the State As Annual Clothing Allowances and Cost of Transportation.”
2. Mobile Telephone Sets– In the audio Mahdi also alleged that the sum of N105,000,000 (One Hundred and Five Million Naira) was withdrawn from the state’s security votes for the purpose of buying mobile telephones hand sets to 12 (Twelve) members of the state security council.
3. Alleged Renting/Furnishing of Karama House: Mr. Mahdi In another video released alleged that on 5th November 2017, the sum of N306, 794, 802 was removed from the state’s security votes account for the purpose of “Renting/Renovating, and furnishing of Karama House for Nigerian Army. Although, the Secretary to the Government of Katsina state Mustapha Muhammad Inuwa while addressing journalist on 6th July, 2020 confirmed that Katsina Government bought Karama House.
4. Reconciliation Fees with Bandits: Mahdi Further alleged that on 20th October, 2018 the sum of N314,000,000 (Three Hundred and Fourteen Thousand Million Naira) was withdrawn from the security Escrow Account as reconciliation fees with bandits. Mahdi further revealed that “The sum of N145 million was also withdrawn from same account for “Negotiation Team with Bandits Leaders”.
Yet Mahdi also alleged “The sum of N671, 875, 250 was withdrawn from the security Escrow Account for “Second Reconciliation with bandits.“
5. Alleged Forest Patrol Fees: Alhaji Mahdi In an audio programme with Freedom radio informed Katsina Emir that the sum of N165, 000, 000 was withdrawn from state’s security votes to give such amount to Katsina Emirate Council to enable the Emir to “Organize Forest Patrol”.