When it comes to water consumption, we are told to drink a minimum amount of six to eight glasses on a daily basis as this helps stave off the negative effects of dehydration. Unfortunately, a lot of us do not follow this guideline as we have a hard time either finding the time to grab a glass, are absent minded about it, or only choose to drink it during meal times or after workouts.
One way of combating this is by choosing to consume one to two glasses in the morning when you wake up, as this will help make room for better digestion and will ensure that you consume fewer food calories in your morning breakfast. With this said, let’s explore the various benefits you could reap if you were to make water your go-to drink in the morning:
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW ON SAHEL MEDICARE CENTRE FACEBOOK PAGE
- Increased Energy Levels and a Happy Brain: when your brain does not have enough water, you will experience severe impairment. This can range anywhere from mood and concentration issues, a higher frequency of headaches, and even increased feelings of fatigue and anxiety.
Beyond this,your physical performance will drop as you won’t have the energy to perform normal daily activities at an optimal level. When you consume water first thing in the morning, not only do you ensure your brain is hydrated but you increase how much oxygen you take in which makes you more alert and awake.
- Get That Sluggish Metabolism Pumping: water can help kick start your metabolism in the morning when taken on an empty stomach. If you are looking to lose weight, drinking water in the morning can increase how many calories you burn throughout the day, help keep you full longer, and it can remove toxins and fat cell by-products.
- Your Skin Will Thank You: unfortunately, when you are dehydrated, your blood will thicken up and your organs will pull fluid from the skin as they need water to operate properly. When the water is pulled from your skin, your skin will lose all of its moisture. Over time, this can completely deplete your skin and cause you to form wrinkles. If you want to look radiant throughout the day, drink water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to boost its elasticity.
- It Can Treat and Prevent Headaches and Alleviate Constipation: for those who experience a lot of headaches, water is known to help either completely treat them or at least lower their duration and pain severity. This is primarily because your brain is made up of water, so when it does not have enough, it cannot function properly, leading to inflammation or headaches.
Beyond this, when you do not have enough water in your body to lubricate some vital functions, such as bowel movements, you get issues like constipation. For those who suffer from chronic constipation, consuming water in the morning on a regular basis will help make it easier for you.
- It Boosts Heart and Kidney Health:
when you consume water in the morning, you help your kidneys out by providing it with the ability to cleanse away the toxins that have built up while you slept. When you eliminate these toxins from your body, your overall blood circulation becomes better because your body doesn’t require as much energy to remove the harmful waste. In addition to this, an increase in fluid intake will increase the volume of urine that goes through the kidneys, which will dilute any minerals you have in there. In doing so, you prevent the formation of kidney stones.
Is There a Process to Drinking Water In the Morning?
When it comes to an actual process to the habit, the main thing you want to keep in mind is to drink the water before you brush your teeth or consume a meal. Generally, you want to have about 2.5 glasses of warm water but if you have a hard time drinking that much water all at once, start with one glass and work your way up.
Once you’ve consumed your water, brush your teeth and only consume your breakfast once forty-five minutes have passed. After breakfast, you can consume water within the first fifteen minutes but afterwards, it is recommended to wait at least two hours. Repeat the process and drink water throughout the day when you feel thirsty.