Extra: 5 things to know about Late Maikaita Bako, Judge handling Shema’s case with EFCC
1. He is a dedicated civil servant and judge with the Katsina State High Court.
2. Before his death, he had been presiding over so many cases, notably amongst them is the case involving the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) against Katsina State former Governor, Barrister Ibrahim Shehu Shema and four others over alleged diversion of N11billion local government funds.
3. He is an indigene of Funtua Local Government
4. In 2019, Late Maikaita Bako was honored by the Funtua branch of the Nigerian Bar Association.
5. He died from serious spinal and neck injuries in the morning hours of Sunday at Cedar Crest Hospital, Abuja.