Masari Swears-in 17 new Commissioners; see list, expected portfolios
The process of setting up katsina state Executive Council has been completed with the swearing in of commissioners, the remaining special Advisers and some permanent secretaries this Monday morning.
Governor Aminu Bello Masari presided over the swearing ceremony, which was held at the people’s square opposite General Muhammad Buhari house, katsina.
The event, which attracted who is who in Katsina State was performed amidst pop and peagentry, coming at less than a week after the verdict of the Court of appeal sitting in Kaduna that reaffirm the victory of Governor Aminu Bello Masari in the 2019 general elections.
Commissioners sworn in include:
1. Badamasi Lawal Charanchi for Education,
2. Hamza Muhammad Faskari for Environment,
3. Abdullahi Imam for Resources Development,
4. Engineer Nuhu Yakubu Danja for Health,
5. Abdulkareem Yahaya Sirika for information, culture and Home Affairs
6. Ya’u Umar gojogojo for local government and chieftaincy Affairs.
7. Kasim Abdulmutallab Funtua for Finance,
8. Musa Adamu Funtua for Water Resources,
9. Usman Nadada for lands and Surveys,
10. Mukhtar Kado Dutsinma for commerce, industry and Tourism,
11. Rabia Muhammad Daura for Women Affairs,
12. Tasi’u Dahiru Dandagoro for works and Transport
13. Faruk Lawal Jobe for Budget and Economic development,
14. Dr Rabe Nasir for science and technology and
15. Abdulkadir zakka for special Duties.
16. Sani Danlami is for sports
17. Muhammad Mahmoud for rural and social development
Addressing the crowd that gathered to witness the swearing in ceremony, Governor Aminu Bello Masari recalled that the present APC administration during it’s first tenure undertook giant strides to improve the welfare of the people.
He said the Programmes so far implemented in the areas of security, health, education and water supply had impacted positively on the socio-economic well being of the people.
The Governor assured that government intends to consolidate on the gains so far achieved under the Restoration Agenda.
He told the new appointees that they have been carefully selected to contribute towards ensuring that the state move to the next level.
Governor Aminu Masari warned that the new members of the state executive council must evolve the culture of operating within the boundaries of extant laws, reasons, regulations and moderation.
The Governor therefore enjoined them to work with dedication, loyalty, commitment, high sense of duty, self discipline, good financial management and budgetary discipline.
He contended that their performance would be closely monitored to ensure delivery of good governance, saying appropriate sanction for non performance and abuse of office would be carried out in the cause of their duties.
He announced that in a few days from now, the 2020 state budget would be laid before the state house of assembly for deliberations and consideration as well as subsequent passage to begin the next level with full force.
Hassan Muhammad Tukur
Government House Press Centre Katsina.