12 major achievements of Senator Hadi Sirika as Minister between 2015 to 2019
Former Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Abubakar Sirika is a great man ahead of his time.
A visionary Minister in the past level, whose vision for the aviation industry in particular and nation in general is accepted for a standard.
He has the confidence in Nigerians and himself to head various office without blemish something his counterpart in most other miniseries have never done.
Putting him on Ex-ray monitor, the following achievement were recorded in his stewardship of the aviation industry from 2015-2019:
1. Sen. Sirika has developed and published performance Based Navigation (PBN) procedures for 18 airports
2. He introduced Standard Instrument Departures (SIDs) and Standard Arrival Routes (STARs) at Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port-Harcourt airports as an improvement on the procedures.
3. Under security and safely infrastructures, (weather- related), under Sirika, Nimet provides daily weather forecast to Liberia, and Sierra Leon and is currently training meteorological personnel of the Republic of Gambia.
4. In his efforts as a competent minister, Nimet entered into strategic partnership with Met Agencies of Korea, Finland, and India with a view to developing our capacity to design and fabricate automatic weather equipment and meteorological satellite system.
5. Low Level Wind Shear Alert System (LLWAS) were installed at Katsina, Ilorin, and Kaduna airports.
6. He undertook rehabilitation of several meteorological enclosures, recording equipment, forecasting facilities, and associated infrastructures Nationwide in order to enhance weather recording and use in support of safe air navigation.
7. It was as a result of his rigorous effort as a patriotic citizen of Nigeria and as a minister who knows his job to his finger tip, Nimet’s Regional Training Center in June 2018 got full reaccreditation by the Worl Meteorological Organization (WMO) to continue offering courses for meteorological personnel from West, Central and North Africa.
8. He rehabilitated the Emergency Operating Center and furnished the Resuscitation Centers at Abuja and Lagos airports.
9. He in addition, saw to the completion and commissioning of the new International Terminals buildings in Abuja and Porthercourt airports
10. The new Abuja International Terminal was linked to the rail station.
11. He also make sure that NCAT obtained the National Board for Technical Education’s full accreditation for Higher National Diploma (HND) in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology (Airframe/powerplant) and National Diplomas (ND) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
12. His contributions towards the economy, Sirika has pushed forward and succeeded where Nigeria presently has Bilateral Air Service Agreement (BASA) with 82 countries, many of which have been reviewed to creates opportunities for domestic carriers. However, they remain largely unutilized (10%) due to limited capacity. Increase in sector contribution to CTDP from 0.4% to 0.6% to mentioned but a few.
From the above standards achievement of Sirika in the past level, without any iota of doubt the next level will be crystal brighter with Hadi A Sirika for the continuous development of our father land in socioeconomic and political stratifications.