Breaking: Generator smoke kill 2 teenagers in Katsina
Katsina metropolis has been thrown into mourning as the city woke up on Friday morning with the news of how an electricity generator killed two teenagers simply identified as Yasuf and Dauda, both of 18 years of age.
The teenagers, according to Katsina Post sources allegedly put on the generator on Thursday night while inside a shop and slept off thereafter.
Eyewitnesses added that the deceased locked themselves and the generator inside the shop before they fell asleep.
Sources said the shop belongs to a man who deals in spare parts of motorcycles and vehicles.
The shop is located along Yahaya Madaki way, Katsina.
It was learnt that their colleagues who discovered that the shop was still not open around 7:30 a.m., on Friday, forced the shop open and discovered their bodies.
The generator was said to have run out of fuel and had stopped working as of the time, the shop was forced open.
Operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps in the state were subsequently called and they evacuated the corpses around 8:30 a.m.