7 facts about ‘Kaigaman Katsina’, Kabir Mashi – Buhari’s new appointee from Katsina
President Muhammadu Buhari has nominated another son of Katsina in person of Alhaji Muhammad Kabir Mashi as a Commissioner in one of the federal government agencies.
Katsina Post learned than Muhammad Kabir Mashi’s name together with 29 others was sent by the President Muhammadu Buhari to the Senate for confirmation as Chairman and Commissioners of the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission, RMAFC.
Here are some facts about him that you may not know:
1. Alhaji Muhammad Kabir Mashi is from Mashi LGA, Katsina State.
2. He served as acting Chairman of Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) from 2012 to 2015.
3. He was turbaned as the ‘Kaigaman Katsina’ by the Emir of Katsina in 2015.
4. Kabir M. Mashi is a graduate of the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, with a Masters degree in Business Management from Knightsbridge University, United Kingdom.
5. Alhaji Mashi is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) and Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN).
6. He was Internal Auditor Kaduna State Water Board 1984; Chief Accountant Katsina State Pilgrims Welfare Board 1988 and Director Finance and Supplies Governors’ Office Katsina State 1990.
7. he was appointed Director, Board of Internal Revenue, Katsina State 1991; Chairman Katsina State Board of Internal Revenue.