What you need to know about Dr. Shamsu Yahya, the newly appointed SPHCDA Boss
His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Katsina State Alhaji Aminu Bello Masari has approved the appointment of Dr. Shamsuddeen Yahaya Suleiman as the new Executive Secretary of the State Primary Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA).
Katsina Post however revealed what you need to know about the newly appointed Executive Chairman.
1. His Areas of expertise include Health Systems Management, Clinical Medical Practice, Health Economic/Health Care Financing, Primary Health Care.
2. Qualifications Obtained
Dr Shamsu Yahaya obtained his Masters Degree in Health Economics (Bayero University Kano) in 2015, Fellowship of West African college of Physicians in Community Health (consultant Public Health Physician) in 2014.
The new Executive Chairman is an Associate Fellowship of National post graduate medical college of Nigeria In public health and Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS ABU Zaria ) in 2003.
3. Certifications Obtained
Below are the certifications obtained by the newly appointed Executive C Dr. Shamsuddeen Yahaya.
• Certificate in Performance based financing in Health ( Sina Health, Kenya)
• Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation of Public Health programs (ABU Zaria) 2012
• Certificate in statistical Analysis and STATA (ABU Zaria) 2012
• Certificate in Microsoft Excel and SPSS in 2010
4. Working Experience
Until his appointment, Dr. Shams Yahaya was the former Director PHC State Primary Health Care Agency Katsina from 2016 to 2018. He was the Director Public Health, Ministry of Health, Katsina from a 2015- 2016 .
He was a former Director Malaria and Sickle cell disease control, Ministry of Health, Katsina.
Other working experience include
• Consultant public health physician HSMB Katsina 2014- date
• Senior Registrar Dept of community medicine ABUTH Zaria 2011-2014
• Registrar Dept of Community Medicine ABUTH Zaria 2009- 2011
• Senior medical Officer in charge Gen. Hospital, Rimi Katsina state 2008-2009
• Medical Officer, General Hospital, Kankia, Katsina state. 2006-2007
• Medical Officer, PHC Abejukolo ,Kogi state (NYSC) 2005-2006
• House Officer, General Hospital, Katsina. 2004 -2005