All the rumors about where the Federal Government proposed Transportation University will be sited had been put to rest at the beginning of this week when the Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi said that it would be built in Daura.
According to the minister, the contract has already been awarded to China Civil and Construction Company CCECC and the construction would have commenced if the governor of Katsina State had provided land for it.
He also added that once the state government provided the land, China Civil and Construction Company CCECC will mobilize to site and fence the land for construction to start.
Below are some of the things we believe you all should know about the proposed University:
- It will cost the federal government $50 million – that is N18bn to build it.
- It will be built by China Civil and Construction Company (CCECC).
- Another same Transportation University might be built in Rivers State.
- Young Nigerians have already being sent to China to study Railway Engineering upon completion of their studies would be deployed to teach in the university.
- The construction of the University will start next year.