5 reasons why Engr. Nura Khalil will defeat Senator Abu Ibrahim to win Funtua Senatorial Zone in 2019
Predicting the outcome of an election has never been this difficult. However, to rules out an incumbent senator has never been easy, so Senator Abu Ibrahim should not be considered down and out. But he has had a lot of negative publicity in his term as a Senator— which puts him at a disadvantage, at least with many people.
There are good reasons for his biggest threat, Engr. Nura Khalil to be hopeful that he would win Funtua senatorial seat.
Khalil had contested the guber race of the state both in 2003 and 2007, pledging to focus more on human capital development so as to alleviate poverty, if elected governor.
Engineer Nura Khalil has been endorsed by over 40 political groups to contest for Katsina State Governor or a Senator representing Funtua zone in the 2019 general elections.
In this piece, Katsina Post highlights five major reasons why Engr. Nura Khalil may be successfully elected as Senator Funtua zone in 2019.
1. 2007 Primaries: It been always said “history repeats itself”. Engr. Nura Khalil has defeated Senator Abu Ibrahim in 2007 primary election to emerged as the ANPP gubernatorial candidate. Abu Ibrahim lost the battle to Engr. Nura Khalil along with three other contenders.
2. Need for a change: Change is constant, so as also applicable to representation in politics. Senator Abu Ibrahim has been in the red chamber representing Funtua zone for the fourth term amounting to 15years. Most of the people in his constituency sees the need for him to retire in holding political office to give chance to a vibrant politician.
3. Constituency office: This is where members of the public can approach elected representatives and ask for help. Analyses revealed that Failure to provide such platform for over 15years by Sen. Abu Ibrahim may consume his political career.
4. His utterance: In an interview with newsmen, the lawmaker stated that personally he feels like to retire from politics to give room for someone else. Many people believed that Senator Abu Ibrahim may not re-contest for the office.
5. Age and Health Issues: Senator Abu Ibrahim’s health condition and age may not favor his re-election bid. It is believed that the youthful age of Engr. Nura Khalil and his good health condition may be of adventurous over Senator Abu Ibrahim.