The Zobe Dam is located in Dutsin-Ma local government area of Katsina State. Although the dam was completed in 1983, as of 2010 it was still not being used for water supply to Katsina city, for local irrigation or for power generation.
Below the five interesting facts you don’t know about Zone Dam:
1. Zobe Dam was conceived in the late 1970s during the administration of General Olusegun Obasanjo.
2. The Dam was initially initiated to supply 50% of drinking water for Katsina state.
3. The dam was a Federal Urban Water Project built by the Shehu Shagari administration and completed in 1983.
4. In September 1999 heavy rains caused the Zobe Dam to overflow, resulting in heavy crop losses.
5. The dam has a storage capacity of 179 Mca and irrigation potential of 8,000 hectares.