Governor Aminu Bello Masari has restated the commitment of the president Muhammad Buhari led government to continue executing reforms programmes in the country.
Alhaji Aminu Masari was speaking when he received the Emir of Katsina, Alhaji Abdulmummini kabir Usman during the popular HAWAN BARIKI at old government house, Katsina.
Below are some takeaways from his speech:
1. The Governor spoke at length on other achievements of the president Buhari led government in the country.
Governor Masari explained that it was 1/4 of what the previous regime realized that President Buhari got in three years that made him to execute voluminous projects.
He revealed that the APC administration had completed the dreaded bad portion of Mokwa – Ilorin on Lagos to Abuja Express road, adding that work had reached advance stage on Mambila Hydro electric power project.
2. On security, Governor Masari noted that security agents especially the military now operating from Katsina Airport have achieved success in overcoming the killings in zamfara, Kaduna and Rugu forests that stretched up to Niger Republic, stressing that there was however need for citizens to volunteer useful information on the hideouts of hoodlums and miscreants in the forests.
3. He also spoke at length on the dangers of drug abuse, which he said had gone out of proportion with housewives now engaged in sales and taking of dangerous substances throughout the state.
4. He harp on the need for people to observe environmental hygiene for a healthier society.
5. The Governor also asked citizens to take advantage of extension by INEC to obtain permanent voter cards, adding that if 70% voters are to turnout for elections, APC could obtain two and a half million votes in the state. He noted that in the past, only 40% of eligible voters turnout for elections in the state.
6. In two months to come, Alhaji Aminu Masari announced that aspirants from all walks of life would come out seeking for elective positions and therefore asked people of Katsina state to shine their eyes and vote for credible people in the APC for prosperity in future., stressing that youths must not allow themselves to be used to foment trouble during the campaign and elections proper.
7. On complain in delay in the dispensation of justice by the Emir, the Governor blamed the judiciary, the police and to some extent human right groups.
Highlight of the HAWAN BARIKI was the procession of horse riders by the Emir, District, village and ward heads as well as traditional title holders in the Emirate. There were also drummers, singers and numerous entertainers that added colours to the occasion.