Alhaji Ibrahim Coomassie, a retired Nigerian police officer and the 9th Inspector General of Nigerian Police who served between 1993 to 1999, under the military governments of Generals Sani Abacha and Abdulsalami Abubakar had died in Katsina this evening.
Ibrahim Coomassie was among the eldest sons of Malam Ahmadu Coomassie, an educationist, and businessman who became a permanent secretary of the ministry of education in the Northern region.
Below are some facts you should know about him:
- Ibrahim Coomassie was born in Katsina State on 18 March 1942.
- He is survived by six children and one wife.
- Until his death, he is the Sardauna of Katsina State.
- He is one-time Chancellor of Al-Hikma University, Kwara State.
- Until his death, he is the Chairman, Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF).
- Ibrahim Coomassie held the position of Inspector General of the Nigeria police for 6 years (1993 – 1999).
- Ibrahim Coomassie was Nigeria’s 9th Inspector General of Police.
- He is a classmate of the current President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari.