Facts check: 10 things to know about Tukur Bello Ingawa, Buhari’s newest appointee from Katsina
Facts check: 10 things to know Tukur Bello Ingawa, Buhari’s newest appointee from Katsina
President Muhammadu Buhari has nominated Dr Bello Tukur Ingawa as the chairman of the Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC).
In a letter requesting the Senate to confirm the new management of the commission, Buhari also nominated 12 other commissioners for the commission.
Out of the 12 commissioner nominees, three are for renewal of appointments, while nine are new appointees.
Here are some facts about the Buhari’s newest appointee from Katsina:
1. He was Secretary to the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).
2. He is a Board member of United Bank for Africa (UBA).
3. He was a Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Works Housing and Urban Development and the Ministry of Police Affairs
4. He retired from Civil Service in September, 2012.
5. He is a member of the body of Permanent Secretaries of Nigeria.
6. Dr Ingawa obtained his doctorate degree at the University of London, United Kingdom.
7. He was a lecturer at the Bayero University Kano.
8. He is an alumnus of the prestigious Harvard Business School and Stanford Business School with many publications to his name.
9. He is a recipient of the National Honours Award of “Officer of the Order of the Niger” OON.
10. He attended the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, Kuru, Jos.