Katsina state government has yesterday released the names of 5000 successful candidates recruited for 2 years teaching job under initiated s-power programme.
Governor Aminu Bello Masari has announced that the letter of appointment will be released to the prospective candidates latest by Tuesday.
Below are the “5 interesting facts” to know about S-power programme:
1. S-power scheme was introduced to complement the N-power social intervention programme established by Katsina govt to create jobs for the teeming unemployed youths in Katsina.
2. As prototype of N-power teach programme, S-power was solely targeted to engaged those with NCE and OND qualifications as classroom teachers across the state.
3. Application begins by manual sale of forms which later got cancelled due to lack of equality, fairness and justice recorded in the process. The application was swiftly switched to online based.
4. 20, 000 monthly stipend will be paid to each participant for the period of 2 years of engagement.
5. Over 18, 000 unemployed youths registered online for S-power programme in which 5000 were successfully recruited after series of interviews and screening process.