It is that time of year again when Muslim faithfuls fast for 29 – 30 days from sunrise to sunset. It is the holy month of Ramadan
With all the changes in your eating, you may ask yourself “how do I keep fit during this period”? Well, the answers are not far-fetched.
Below are 5 ways you can keep fit and healthy during this period:
– Stay hydrated: During the fasting period, lots of water is lost during the day. Therefore it’s important to replace the water by drinking lot water and eating fruits like watermelon and the likes to replace the lost water.
– Eat healthy meals: Eat meals that will leave you full all day long. Foods like beans and lentils, whole grains and lean proteins as well as that will provide you with a long-lasting source of energy throughout the day.
– Get proper rest: Because you stay away from food for some hours, your energy will be drained. So therefore, try to get as much rest as possible.
– Don’t skip your breakfast: it is a known fact that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In a similar way, the meal that is eaten before dawn, sahur, is important while fasting. it energizes your body and helps you stay hydrated until your next meal at sunset. It will also keep you from overeating when you break your fast at sunset.
– Avoid binge eating: it can be tempting to eat as much as you can when it’s time for “bude baki” (breaking the fast). This is because you had an empty stomach during the day. However, binge eating during bude baki is harmful; hence it should be avoided.
Note: The month of Ramadan has a lot more to it. Though it is a time used to reflect on how to improve one’s relationship with the Almighty, it is also used in helping the less privileged. As such, Muslims and organisations use the opportunity to assist these ones in different ways.
Have a wonderful and fulfilling Ramadan!!!
CONTENT SPONSORED BY RT. HON. ABUBAKAR YAHAYA KUSADA