The Chief Imam of Katsina, Sheikh Muhammad Lawal has passed away at the age of ninety-six and has since been buried according to Islamic rites.
He died after a prolonged illness and is survived by four wives and twenty-six children.
The late nanogenerian had served as Chief Imam of Katsina for forty-one years having been appointed by a former Emir of Katsina, Late Sir Usman Nagogonin nineteen seventy-seven.
Below are some of the facts about the Late Katsina Chief Imam of Central mosque:
1. He died at the age of 95.
2. He was appointed as the chief Imam of the Katsina central mosque by former Emir of Katsina, Late Sir Usman Nagogo.
3. He was appointed as the chief Imam of the Katsina central mosque 1977.
4. The deceased left behind four wives, 27 children and several grand children.
5. He has been the chief Imam of Katsina for the past 41 years.