A sad news reaching us at Katsina Post has it that Senator Mustapha Bukar who represents Katsina North (Daura Zone) in the Senate, died on Wednesday morning after brief illness.
Below are the eight things you should know about the late senator:
- Mustapha BukarMustapha Bukar was born in Daura on December 31, 1954.
- He attended the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria from 1974 to 1978 where he obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
- He did his compulsory one year National Youth Service (NYSC) in Imo State.
- He was a member of the Institute of Civil Engineers, Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria, Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) American Water Work Association.
- With the creation of Katsina State in 1987, Engineer Bukar was deployed to help set up the project department of the new state water board as Chief Engineer, projects.
- In 1989, Engineer Mustapha was appointed General Manager/Chief Executive of the Katsina State Water Board and was made the commissioner of Agriculture, Water Resources after the rationalization of ministries.
- Mr Bukar was also the President, Nigerian Water Supply Association, Chairman African Water resources and Member Nigeria Institute of Management.
- He was at one time a Director of Special Duties on Agriculture, Water Resources and Rural Development in the Ministry of Agriculture.
A native Daura, Mr Bukar later ventured into politics and contested for Katsina North.
Mr Bukar was recently in the news when he sponsored the training of 400 unemployed youths in his Senatorial District on yogurt making and poultry production for self-reliance and economic sustainability.