Meningitis is back Again let us please make some awareness to people around us.
MENINGITIS: Symptoms, Prevention and Treatment
3. A very strong aversion for light. The person always looks away from bright light and prefers dark rooms.
4. Difficulty in moving the Neck. Moving the neck causes severe pains.
5. Previous contact with someone who was diagnosed with meninigitis.
Anybody who has most, or all of the above symptoms, and currently lives, or recently lived in the areas currently affected by meningitis, should be isolated until treatment is complete.
It should be noted, that the most effective form of prevention is VACCINATION with the MENINGOCOCCAL Vaccine.
1. Avoid prolonged personal contact with people suspected, or confirmed to be infected.
2. Avoid sharing personal items with people suspected, or confirmed to be infected.
3. If contact has already occurred, please seek the tablets I mentioned above (Rifampicin), in addition to going to hospital for further evaluation.
4. If you come down with any of the symptoms above, go to the hospital IMMEDIATELY and avoid people touching you unecessarily.
Once meningitis is strongly suspected or confirmed, please DO NOT STAY AT HOME. Go to a hospital with facilities where you can get an IV line, isolation room, and the required antibiotics for treatment.
Once you have all or most of the above symptoms, you have no business being at home.