Below are 31 major campaign promises of His Excellency Rt. Hon. Aminu Bello Masari which he made in 2015 as compiled by KATSINA POST.
1. Check the mass failure in Senior secondary school examinations
2. Ensure that all political office holder including the Governor enroll their children in public schools
3. Provision of more Teachers and teaching facilities
4. Ensure security of lives and properties especially checking cattle rustling and killings by engaging the youths in the localities.
5. Enhancing Power/electricity generation
6. Optimal utilization of earth dams in the state for water supply, irrigation and job creation.
7. Establishment of foodstuffs processing and preservation cottages
8. All political office holders including Governor to be seeking medical healthcare in public health facilities
9. Work with State House of Assembly to domesticate the Freedom of Information, Fiscal Responsibility, Public Procurement Acts.
10. Revitalization of State Tender Board in order to make contract and procurement processes open
11. Adequate and timely supply of farming inputs to farmers
12. Provision of Farming extension services to enhance the efficiency of farmers.
13. Subsidizes farming inputs and paying of surpluses from farmers.
14. Abolishing of State-LGAs Joint Account thereby making the LGAs financially autonomous.
15. Local Content utilization in contracts and inputs supply to contractors
16. Guarantee the freedom of media to operate professionally
17. Strengthening and optimal utilization of the civil servants.
18. Establishment of cottage industries to boost employment generation.
19. Better supply of portable water.
20. Formulation of State Development Plan.
21. The governor, his family will not be contractors to the state government.
22. The governor will never demand the usual “10%” on contracts
23. Pledged to work with Civil Society groups and professional bodies.
24. Establishment of effective and efficient House Services Commission.
25. Ensure that all Elected officers including the Governor have regular inter phase with their constituencies via Town Hall meetings and parleys.
26. Special attention will be given to pensioners.
27. Run a transparent government whereby the citizens will know what the state generates/receives and how is being spent.
28. People will have access to the Governor
29. Ensure boosting of Internally generated revenue and reduce the over dependence on oil revenue/federal allocation.
30. Provision of more health personnel and equipment in the health facilities.
31. State government will not finance medical expense of any political office holder outside the country where such care can be provided locally.