Muhammadu Kabir Usman, the 49th emir of Katsina who died exactly 10 years ago was to many an exemplary ruler who gave his best to the people he served for the greater part of his 80 years on earth.
Katsina post have however compiled the 10 most important things you should know about the late emir
1. Late Muhammadu Kabir Usman is the 49th emir of Katsina
2. He is the 3rd of the Sullubawa rulers of Katsina whose reign began in 1906.
3. Late Muhammadu Kabir died on 8th March, 2008 at the age of 80 (1928-2008).
4. In 1963, Kabir was confirmed as Magajin Gari, the district head of Katsina metropolis.
5. In 1947, he joined the Katsina Native Authority Police and was sent to the Nigeria Police College, Kaduna for a one-year training.
6. He is a former chancellor of Chief Obafemi Awolowo University, Ille-ife
7. He became the life President of the Nigerian Polo association.
8. Late Muhammadu Kabir Usman was survived by 3 wives and many children.
9. Kabir was known by the epithet “Limamin Sarakuna dan Shehu” (The imam of emirs, the son of Shehu).
10. He constructed the Katsina central mosque which is still in use today.