GET THE HIGHLIGHTS OF 2019 KATSINA N200.9bn BUDGET

For Your Adverts, Sponsored post and Opinion

Sponsored by: Rt. Hon. Kusada Support Group

Home Education Second Admission List: UMYUK ‘removes’ 107 names after publishing it online (Evidence)
Second Admission List: UMYUK ‘removes’ 107 names after publishing it online (Evidence)

Second Admission List: UMYUK ‘removes’ 107 names after publishing it online (Evidence)

736
0

No fewer than 107 candidates’ admission was nullified by Ummaru Musa yar’adua University (UMYU) in the recently released second admission (UTME), Direct Entry list. Katsina post learnt

Katsina Post investigation reveals that affected candidates were mostly the non-choose applicants, who were invited by the University for Post UTME screening based on certain criteria.

The University had earlier published on it official site inviting the candidates who are the indigene of the state that scored 170 JAMB points, as well as non-indigene that scored 200 JAMB points,  that applied at other Universities and couldn’t secure admission and are interested in studying at UMYU to register for the screening and aptitude test.

However, things fall apart when the university released the second admission list of 1286 candidates on Friday 9th February, 2018 in the morning in which 107 among the successful candidates were removed from the list later in the evening.

A source among the omitted candidate expressed dismay over the incidence stated, “I was offered with admission by the institution on the previously posted list which I downloaded it from the official site of the university, but I later realized the list has been updated within few hours and my name was removed.  He laments

“If the university cannot liaise with JAMB to settle the issue why do they invite us for the interview in the first place?

“We ended up wasting our time, energy and resources in the screening and interview process from the feeding, our transport fares, and the post UTME screening fees we paid to the University.

“This clearly showed there is an inefficiency throughout the admission process.

“Why will they exclude Direct Entry applicants? What is their fault? This is clearly an injustice. He added

Another source working at the University when contacted told our correspondent that the University had on Monday 4th February 2018 directed the affected candidates to apply the change of University to UMYU on or before Wednesday  7th February 2018.

READ ALSO: Just In: UMYUK Second Admission List  2017/2018 Academic Session is out

“Those candidates whose name are excluded had unable to follow the directives placed on the university’s website by changing to UMYU. Even though the information did not reach most of them and the time constraints was very short. He said

“Other candidates had followed the instruction but still find their names removed from the admission list which I cannot clarify”. He added

 

             The list before omission

 

 

The list after omission

 

 

 

 

(736)

LEAVE YOUR COMMENT

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *