The former military administrator of Katsina state, Col. John Yahaya Madaki has died on the 8th of January, 2018 afternoon in Abuja.
Late John. Yahaya Madaki was born in Gawu Babangida in Gurara local government, Niger State. He was nicknamed “jungle expert” after attending a course in Malaya on Advanced Jungle Warfare and Combat Survival.
Madaki was promoted to Lt. Colonel and became governor of Katsina State for 2 years from December 1989 to 2nd January 1992.
However, Katsina post has compiled some of his achievements while in office as the 3rd Military governor of the state.
- 863.8 Kms of feeder roads has either been constructed or rehabilitated.
- Electrification of Batagarawa, Dandagoro, Abukur, Shargalle and Makurdi, Gurjiya, Marabar Kankara, Kanon Haki, Radda and Kafin soli.
- Construction of 2 (two) solar powered mini water supply schemes at Tambu in Daura and Musawa L.G areas.
- Construction of 4 (Four) pipe-borne water extension scheme.
- Construction of 6 (6) earth dams.
- Food and Agriculture programme
- Establishment of 2 hatcheries at Ajiwa and Mairuwa Dams which produced about 1 million fingerlings.
- Establishment of 3 multiplication centers of sheep, goats and rabbit at Malumfashi, Bakori and Dan-Nakola.
- Production of 45 tons of certified groundnut seed through contact growers.
- Establishment of 3 nurseries at Ajiwa, Zobe and Maska.
- Employment and vocational skills development Programme
- 5, 590 youths were trained in different skills development programme
- Small-scale Industry and graduate employment programme, under this programme, the sum of N1, 310, 800 was disbursed to 44 beneficiaries in the state.
- Construction of Katsina specialist hospital recently named Federal Medical Center Katsina