The National University Commission (NUC) has on 22nd November 2017 approved 9 postgraduate courses and disprove 2 others in the Federal University Dutsin-ma FUDMA.
This is contained in a letter referenced NUC/AP/F32/VOL.1/28 and addressed to the Vice Chancellor of the Federal University Dutsin-ma Professor Armayau Hamisu Bichi.
The letter signed by the NUC’s Secretary, stated that the nine courses were approved based on the available human and material resources in the university. The approved courses are :
1. M.Sc Geography
2. Environmental Management, PGD
3. Environmental Management, M.Sc
4. Geographical Information System, PGD
5. Geographical Information System, M.Sc
6. Political Science, PGD
7. Political Science, M.Sc
8. Economics, M.Sc
9. Economics, PhD
While two more courses disproved by the commission due to lack of human and material resources includes :
1. PhD Geography was rejected due to excess workload on academic staff; and
2. M.Sc,Conflict, Peace & Strategic Study was rejected due to lack of relevant academic programme.