7 reasons why Murtala Yar’adua should replace Masari in 2019 – By Katsina Peoples Forum
A group of young people in Katsina under the umbrella of ‘Katsina Peoples Forum’ has endorsed the elder son of the Nigeria’s former veteran soldier and politician Late Shehu Musa Yar’adua’s son Alhaji Murtala Shehu Musa for the seat of the Governor of Katsina State Come 2019.
This endorsement according to them came after they have carefully studied, met and discussed the situation the state and country have found itself as well as made wide consultations.
In a statement signed by the leaders of the forum Hashimu Sani and Aisha Abdallah and gotten by our reporter, the forum itemized seven (7) reasons why they feel Alhaji Murtala Shehu Musa Yar’adua is the best candidate to govern Katsina State in 2019.
Below is the copy of their press release:
We the members of ‘Katsina Peoples Forum’, have carefully studied, met and discussed the situation our dear state and our country has found itself.
Having reviewed the political, economic and social conditions of our people and examined all the prospective contestants for the upcoming 2019 elections in the state, and having made wide consultations, we have come to the conclusions:
1. That Katsina State needs a young, vibrant leader who is ready to sacrifice his youth and agility for the sustainable development of the state.
2. That nobody fits these criteria for contesting the 2019 gubernatorial election in the state as well as Alhaji Murtala Shehu Musa Yaradua (Tafidan Katsina).
3. That as an indigene of Katsina Metropolis who has his maternal roots in Funtua, Alhaji Murtala Shehu Yaradua will have a strong political support base in these two senatorial zones, that will help him in winning the election.
4. Alhaji Murtala Shehu Yaradua came from a decent home background with a heritage of politics, as Late Shehu Musa Yaradua has contributed immensely to the creation and development of Katsina State and the development of Nigeria as a whole, and sacrificed his life so that Nigeria could be returned to the path of democratic governance.
5. Late Shehu Musa Yaradua also contributed in no small measure to the economic development of Katsina State through industrial development, as he mobilised the setting up of industries and small and medium scale enterprises that have assisted in job creation and overall economic development in the state.
6. That it will be good to reward the late statesman by electing his worthy son, Alhaji Murtala Yaradua, who lives a simple and humble life and who is a good friend to the poor and the weak,
7. That Alhaji Murtala Yaradua has a good track record when he served as the minister of defence, and has maintained a good reputation and has never been accused of any misdeed or arrogance, and has demonstrated good leadership qualities.
It is based on these facts that we hereby endorse Alhaji Murtala Shehu Musa Yaradua to come out and contest the 2019 governorship election in our dear state, and pledge that we the youths will give him full support, because we believe he will bring about the needed growth and development in our dear state.
Long Live Katsina State
Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.