EXCLUSIVE: 6 important facts we all should know about the Late Senator Kanti Bello (A must read)
Today, the 29th of August, 2017 Katsina State was thrown into mourning as the death was announced of former Senate Majority Whip, Sen. Mahmud Kanti Bello at the age of 72.
Bello, who represented Katsina North Senatorial District, died in Abuja Tuesday morning and will be buried in Katsina by 4pm.
A family member, Mohammed Ingawa told our sources that the two-time senator from Katsina State, Kanti Bello, died in the early hours of Tuesday, 29th Day of August, 2017 in Abuja.
KATSINA POST gathered some important fact about the Late Senator below:
- He hails from Ingawa Local government of Katsina State. Ingawa is situated in the Katsina North Senatorial zone and it borders Jigawa and Kano State.
- He died at the age of 72. According to our sources, Senator Kanti Bello was born on January 1945 (age 72).
- He was the pioneer General Manager of Katsina Steel Rolling Mills the position he held for over 10 years. It is on the background of this that he is popularly known as ‘Rodi’ meaning ‘steel’ in English.
- He contested for the Katsina State Governor back in the year of 1993 under the defunct Social Democratic Party (SDP). He is an experienced politician.
- He was a two-time Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as our checks revealed that he represented Katsina North (Daura Zone) in the red chamber from the year 2003 to 2011 under PDP. The preceded Senator Audu ‘Yandoma and succeeded by Senator Hadi Sirika.
- He dumped the PDP and joined the All Progressive Congress (APC) before the 2015 elections but was unsuccessful in his bid to contest for the state Governor as he was defeated by Governor Aminu Bello Masari. He came second after the primary elections.
We pray may his soul rest in peace. Amin.