At its fifth regular meeting held on Monday, 14th August 2017, the Katsina State Executive Council under the leadership of RT. Hon. Alhaji Aminu Bello Masari has approved the construction of eight different roads across the state.
KATSINA POST checks revealed that the total distance of 226.3KM of roads are to be constructed across the state and the sum of N23.6bn will be expended in the process.
Briefing newsmen after the meeting a team of commissioners headed by the commissioner of Information and culture Alhaji Muhammad Hamza Burodo , the commissioner of Works and Housing Alhaji Tasi’u Dandagoro revealed that the council has graciously approved the construction of 8 different roads.
According to him, the roads include:
1. Kankara-Zangon Pauwa-Dansabau-Zamfara State Border. 24Km
2. Mararrabar Musawa-Kurkujan-Gingin-Tabanni-Kano State border. 19Km
3. Rimaye-Sukuntuni-Karadua. 20.8Km
4. Dayi-Tuge-Zanguna-Gundawa-Wawar Kafa. 28Km
5. Yandaki-Gafia-Abdallawa-Dankaba. 31Km
6. Randa-Doguru-Gallu-Kwanar Gwanti-Shargalle. 42Km
7. Kwanar Sabke-Dan Aunai-Ruwan Kaya-Dutsi. 22Km
8. Rehabilitation and Upgrade of Mashi-Birnin Kuka. 39.5Km
The total cost of the eight roads projects is N23.6b.