It is exactly seven years former president Umaru Musa Yar’adua died in power, Nigerians have been paying tribute to a man regarded as a statesman. Yar’adua was the first university graduate to emerge as Nigeria’s leader
Late Ummaru Musa Yar’adua
Memories of Nigeria’s former president, the Late Umaru Musa Yar’adua are flooding back today, May 5, as it is exactly 7 years ago he passed on while in power.
The Katsina-born university lecturer turned politician spent almost 3 years in Nigeria’s seat of power, Aso Rock, as the leader of Africa’s most populous nation.
Nigerians from all walks of life are also paying tribute to their late president with some describing him as the best president Nigeria ever had.
Katsina post lists the top six developmental projects that late Yar’adua brought to Katsina.
- The Katsina state secretariat complex is the largest in the whole West Africa was built by the late Umar Musa Yar’adua.
- The Katsina state’s international airport was initiated by late Yar’adua. Which was later named after him.
- Yar’adua was the first governor to upgrade public primary school buildings to meet international standard when he was the serving governor of Katsina state.
- Late Yaradua is the master minder behind the ring roads and other road networks in Katsina metropolis.
- He courageously released billions to make Katsina state University into existence. Which later was named after his name “Ummaru Musa Yaradua Unversity.”
- Muhammadu Dikko stadium was started during the tenure of Late Yaradua while serving the state as governor.