Okra soup is one of the most popular Nigerian soup, I like this soup because it is very easy to prepare and likely the cheapest soup in Nigeria.
– 15 fingers of Okra
– 25g Fresh blended peppers (Tomatoes, chilli red small/big)
– Dried stock fish and smoked stock fish.
– ½ oz or more Crayfish – 25kg Boiled assorted meat
– 1 oz Shrimps
– 1 ½ cooking spoon Palm oil
– 1 medium Onion
– Other seasoning(Maggi and salt)
Cook the blended peppers including 3 cooking spoons of palm oil for 10 -15mins.
Add the boiled meats, Cray fish, locust beans, seasoning, and a few slices of onions. Leave to cook for 10 minutes and blend the Okra.
Add the blended Okra to the mix, do not cover, stir and leave to cook for 15mins.
Check if seasoning is okay, stir, if Okra draws or slips well, it’s ready.
Serve with Tuwo, Eba, Fufu, Amala, Pounded yam and a chilled drink.
Tip: if okra doesn’t draw/slip first time, add more okra and cook for further 10mins