For Your Adverts, Sponsored post and Opinion

Sponsored by: Rt. Hon. Kusada Support Group

Home Politics Katsina: Gov’t to take legal action on loan repayment defaulters
Katsina: Gov’t to take legal action on loan repayment defaulters

Katsina: Gov’t to take legal action on loan repayment defaulters


The Katsina state’s Department of Economic and Empowerment directorate has decried that only 5%  of the beneficiaries of the interest free loan in Katsina have repaid back their loan. That means the remaining 95% of the beneficiaries didn’t repay their loan.

While speaking during a stakeholder’s meeting, the special Adviser to the State governor on empowerment, Alhaji Abdulkadir Nasir confirmed this after a round table discussion with relevant stakeholders such as representatives of Central Bank of Nigeria, State Traders Union, & Heads of Micro Finance Banks.

He said the loan was aimed to benefit over 500,000 beneficiaries across the state and that the objective of the empowerment has been defeated.

The Special Adviser, later on disclosed that they have employed the services of a legal practitioners to deal with beneficiaries that failed to pay back the loan.

In another related news, Forty-five unemployed graduates in Katsina State have commenced a six-month Graduate Attachment Program (GAP) of the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) aimed at preparing them for permanent employment at their various places of attachment.

Speaking at the flag-off of the training in Katsina, the Acting Director General, NDE, Kunle Obayan said the scheme had helped many organisations by providing support to them.

He said the attaches were being exposed to skills found essential for effective participation in their workplace which “will adequately equip them to face the competition of seeking employment in already saturated labour market.”



Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *